Open letter to all the Bappa Morya fans out there.


If you are an extremist with least understanding do not proceed. I repeat do not proceed.
So, its Ganeshotsav and everyone is super excited, struggling for time. Getting work done as fast as a super fast Virar local. Finding substitutes or allotting dates after a month and so on. Thank you so much for the speed and delays both at the same time. May God, Oh wait its Ganeshotsav so may Lord Ganesha bless you.

Getting to the point, Can I know one good reason for why do you celebrate this festival? Apart for it being your partner or your kid’s desire of having a fancy celebration? No, seriously I wish to know. Don’t assume it to be an Atheist judging you, though I'm as I belong somewhere in between an atheist and a believer. So, I would love to be enlightened with some sense full and believable reasons. Because, all I see in maximum Indian festival is them turning into a reason for disturbance may it be emotionally or practically. Let’s stick to the current topic let’s focus on The Vighanharta - Lord Ganesha, if you exist I sincerely apologize for all the human efforts trying to burst your ears with all the noise and smoke giving you asthma attacks. I hope you continue to be Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati’s favorite to get those replacements even now.

Also, don't assume that I'm an anti-religious person or a biased observer as I see this happening everywhere be it Diwali, Holi, Eid, Christmas everywhere. Even if you have your own mythological reasons justifying your act behind each festival I don't think any God ever told you to destroy their most beautiful creation be it you or the nature.

Hope, you find some positivity here and continue celebrating the beautiful festivals in just a little ecofriendly way.

Comments

  1. Thank you for taking a stand on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great move Hetali ... you have started a good drive... time to make this big...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I looove some celebrations but yeah absolutely agree they destroy nature :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I'm not against the mythological beliefs and reasoning people have though I don't completely support them either. But, its time we realise just wasting off Time, money and nature for the sake of show-off and marketing in the name of religion needs to stop.

      Delete
  4. I hope you continue to be Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati’s favourite to get those replacements even now.
    That's touching.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Need to make people realise not everyone has options, not everyone is blessed with sound proof walls and air conditioned rooms to keep the toxic smoke of firecrackers and the deafening sound away.

      Delete
  5. no doubt its a very relevant discussion and also a very sensitive one . my view on this matter is there should be a lawful limit of every celebration . A very strict one . on the question of celebration of holy circumstances , I would rather support it becoz only in Maharashtra alone around 10-12 Lakhs people able to earn their livelihood during Ganeshotsav in various ways. We are not self dependent economy yet . These rituals has their own economical meanings also . We should consider it too .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken into consideration but why can't people themselves learn and act rather than having imposed laws and then play political blame game on why only my religion?, why only my celebrations?, why only me?
      Because when we involve law, we involve politics and then things turn out to be violent and dirty.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amour with "Jullay land"!

Oh Well!